Covering stations - Tyrolean Haflinger
|Covering station||Your contact person||Adress||Phone|
|Ebbs||Thomas Jäger||Fohlenhof Ebbs,
|+43 664 8418858|
|Hohenems||Renata Mayerhofer||Rainhofstraße 16
|+43 676 9690740|
|Ötztal-Bahnhof||Markus Kleinheinz||Riedern 7,
|+43 664 4121029|
|Kematen||Josef Lang||Dorfstr. 5,
|+43 650 2204452|
|Kuchl||Matthias Lacher||Weißenbach 6
|+43 664 5584951|
|Längenfeld||Familie Hausegger||Espan 51,
|+43 664 5223761|
|Lavant - Osttirol||Sebastian Winkler||Lavant 24,
|+43 664 2029278|
|Pfunds||Julia & Mario Mark||Eila 317
|+43 650 4024250|
|Reutte||Klaus Kurz||Lindenstraße 19,
|+43 664 2530930|
|Weer||Anneliese Kirchmair||Lende 3,
|+43 650 9709690|
|Zams||Manfred Hueber||Pfarrgasse 6,
|+43 650 4169167|
Breeding conditions at the Tyrolean Haflinger Breeding Association
The following points must be observed without exception:
- The cover period without exception begins on 1 March and ends on 30 June of each year.
- The following are allowed to be covered: pure-bred Haflinger mares that are at least three years of age (have completed their third year in the calendar year of the covering) or older; meet the minimum requirements of the breeding programme (golden-envelope horse passport, General Stud Book I); are registered with HPT; and the owner is a member of an association affiliated with HPT. If the horse is not registered with HTP or the owner is not a member of a Tyrolean association, a written cover permit of the HPT is needed.
- All mares to be covered must be checked prior to the mating for “inbreeding up to the 3rd generation”. Should any uncertainties arise, the Association’s office in Ebbs is happy to be of assistance at any time.
- Three-year-old mares are allowed to be covered before they are presented for entry in the stud book if they have a horse passport, General Stud Book I (golden envelope).
- It is not allowed to cover mares four years old or older that have not yet been presented for entry in the stud book (even if they have a horse passport, General Stud Book I).
- It is not allowed to cover Haflinger mares that do not meet the minimum requirements of the breeding programme (red envelope horse passport, General Stud Book I)
- For all mares that are more than four years old and do not have foals at foot, a “CERVIX swab sample” not older than 28 days must be presented before the covering.
- For all foreign mares that are covered, a written cover permit of the Association’s management and a “CERVIX swab sample” not older than 28 days must be presented prior to the covering.
- Switching between insemination and mating is only permitted upon the written approval of the Association. If such an approval is issued, the entire stud fee is re-charged, and a separate cover form must be issued with the note “Wechselsprung” (switch between insemination and mating) and indication of the first stallion
- The owner of the stallion is no longer charged any stud fees; it is only required that the owner of the covered mare completes and signs the “Settlement of stud fee” and sends it to the Association’s office. The complete settlement of the stud fee will be charged by HPT and preferably collected by direct debit order.
|Member HPT||EUR 275,00|
|Foreign members HPT||EUR 500,00|
|Non-members HPT||EUR 750,00|
We are happy to answer any further questions you may have.